Fall protection takes center stage in commercial roofing safety!
Roof Safety is the most important part of our safety plan. We provide the safest workplace possible for our employees, subcontractors, clients and any others on our roof construction sites.
We believe that safety is of the utmost concern; therefore we have dedicated ourselves to promoting an injury-free work environment. Our full time safety director, promotes our written company safety, injury and illness prevention program in order to provide a safe & healthy workplace, and administers our safety program. We are committed to our safety program consistent with good construction practices, which creates an attitude of safety consciousness in general management, field and shop supervisors and our employees.
We provide annual continuing safety education and training, and forklift, boom, aerial, Red Cross First Aid & CPR plus 10-hour OSHA certification training for all of our employees on an ongoing basis. By coordinating workshop sessions and implementing updated OSHA regulations, and inviting our Risk Management Insurance Team and past OSHA officers and field personnel onsite to perform updated training sessions takes an additional step in safe practices company wide.
We have the following safety programs in place:
- Written safety programs
- Fall and Back injury training
- New Employee Safety Orientation & Training
- OSHA regulations and jobsite training
- Various hazards associated with roof protection
- Personal Protective equipment requirements
- Ladder Safety programs
- Vehicle Safety programs
- Pre-Job Inspections
- Periodic and unannounced jobsite inspections
We are proud of our safety record, which has been earned by our total commitment to the highest standards of safety that we set and implement within our company. We fully train our employees in all aspects of jobsite and equipment safety, and comply with all relevant Federal/OSHA regulations.
After we hire new employees
We thoroughly train them in the following areas:
- Fall Protection
- Hazard Communication & the Use of MSDS Books
- Perimeter Safety Lines, Guardrails, Safety Harnesses & Lines
- Scaffolds, Booms, Aerial and Forklift Operations / Certifications
- Fire Protection & Use of Equipment
- Safety Hazards – Lock out / Tag Out Procedures
- Company Safety Policies & OSHA General Housekeeping Policies
Our safety coordinator ensures our workplace crews holds weekly and monthly meetings to review our safety training programs, and we conduct mandatory safety training for all employees each year with periodic updates. Our safety directors oversee job site safety inspections and training. This professional has completed applicable training in safety and safety instruction by OSHA.